How to find a winning product in ClickBank:
Clickbank is by far the largest marketplace for affiliates in the digital marketing space. With thousands of products available to choose from it can be a daunting task to find the right product or products to promote.
In this post I will share with you how to find the right product to promote and what to look for. There are 3 core things you have to look for when choosing the product you want to promote.
These are: Gravity Average $ per sale Average rebill total
- Gravity: This is the most important thing to look for and understand when choosing the products. Gravity will show how well a product is converting into sales and how popular it is with other marketers. The higher the gravity the better it is to promote the product as the product has been tested by other marketers and is converting well. The minimum number you should go when it comes to gravity is around the 60 mark.
- Average $ per sale: This is a number that will solely be based on how much you are willing to invest in advertising and there is no magic number. I will however give you how I calculate my numbers. I will use pay-per-click as the method for traffic.
Let’s say that your advertising budget is $500 and with that you generate 500 clicks, now that’s $1 per click. Let’s assume you have a 40% opt-in rate through your landing page which in numbers is 200 leads. Now the industry average conversion rate is 3%, so from 200 leads let’s say that 3% did buy from you, which means you got 6 sales. So 6 sales cost you $500. $500 divided by 6 is $83.33, which means you paid $83.33 per customer.
So for me a product’s initial/ average $ per sale has to be $90 or more, unless it has a reasonable monthly recurring commission.
- Average rebill total: This is a very interesting one. This falls in 2 categories:
- Monthly recurring commissions where you get paid a percentage from the vendor for as long as the customer stays in a membership plan.
- Back end sales after the initial front end sale. This can be really powerful depending on what the price at the back end is. Some products have price tags of upwards of $1000 and the vendors are willing to pay more than 20% commission to the person that referred the customer.
There are a lot more strategic moves you can make to really rake in some high commissions from ClickBank products, a lot of the advance training is available within the Four Percent group and I share my personal expertise with my team within the Four Percent.
But like ClickBank we also have a list of products that give affiliate opportunities in our product suite tab and these products are much higher in conversion, commission and back end sales.