Why start an online business?
There are a few reasons why a person would want to start an online business. I am going to give you the most common and the motivational reasons:
1. Time freedom – with an online business you can start, finish and be really flexible on when you want to work or for how long.
2. Location freedom – you can be in the middle of the dessert or the sea and still manage your business provided you have a laptop and a fast internet connection.
3. No work place politics – with a traditional business or even a job, there will always be some sort of politics with regards to managements, unprofessionalism and that one colleague that pisses everyone off.
4. Low overhead – unlike with a traditional business where you would need $30,000 or more and depending on the type of business, you may have upwards of $5000 a month in expenses, an online business is a lot simpler. You can start with as little as $2000 and low monthly expenses.
5. Allows you to monetise your passion – What do I mean by that? The digital economy is massive and whatever it is that your passionate about you can work on that with ease. If you’re into fitness you can talk about a fitness regime that you believe would help people and make a video or podcast on it. Same goes for gardening, cooking and even dog training. The potential to monetise your passion online is endless.
6. Trading time for money is out of the window – with an online business you no longer trade time for money. You can leverage the tools and software available to work for you 24/7, 365 days a year.
As amazing as the above sounds it’s not as easy as it seems. It does take time, effort and hard work but it pays off with huge rewards. Think about it; you can take a holiday when you choose, never miss a family get together and live life on your own terms.
One of the reasons I chose to start an online business is because I used to work 70 hours per week and didn’t have time or the capital to start a regular business. With an online business I just committed to 2 hours a day and after a few months I was able to leave my regular day job and live a laptop lifestyle. I was able to spend more time with my family, take holidays when I wanted to and disabled my regular alarm clock that used to wake me up for my day job.
On top of all that I am monetising on what I am passionate about and that is changing people’s lives for the better.
If you liked this article connect with us on our Facebook group by searching secretloops or join our mailing list in the home page.